In recent times I’ve come across a number of quotes through social media. Not all are by established or renowned people. I’m anyway not an avid reader or a follower of any philosopher / writer/ poet, but I do understand & like some of Buddha’s teachings. When I think of ‘words of wisdom’ , I think of Buddha immediately. His quotes are simple & easy to understand and can be put to use at any stage of life that one is in. Having said that they’re easy to understand, they’re not that simple to practice day-in and day-out in life. Sigh!
I’ve made a note of 10 of them that really resonate with me. I think these are applicable irrespective to the time or phase of life that one is in.
1. You only lose what you cling to.
2. In the end only three things matter : how much you loved, how gently you lived and how gracefully you let go of things not meant for you.
3. Before you speak let your words pass through three gates. Is it true? Is it necessary? Is it kind?
4. Weak people revenge, strong people forgive, intelligent people ignore.
5. Never regret being a good person to the wrong people. Your behaviour says everything about you, and their behavior says enough about them.
6. Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon and the truth
7. Faith and prayer are both invisible but they make the impossible things possible.
8. Pain is certain, suffering is optional.
9. The root of suffering is attachment.
10. The mind is everything, what you think you become.
Have you come across any other quotes that you relate to? They don’t necessarily need to be by Buddha.. Share in the comments below!
Have a wonderful weekend you all. It’s summer here in India, may we tackle this heat with a cool mind. Namaste!
Lots of love,
The Silent Hummer.